Monday, January 9, 2012

Ahoy There!

The beginning of another semester of school...it's exciting, but a little terrifying, too. There's so much work to do over the course, and just looking at the sheer amount is scary, but I know the days will go by quickly, and before I know it, I'll be at finals week.

I still have so much to do before then, though. And not just school things - amazing as it seems, there is life outside of school. There are different things I have to sort through; relationships, my bookshelf, my drawers...I have to go through and throw away what I once held dear. It's a hard thing to do, at least for me, because there are so many memories surrounding even the most insignificant thing. I suppose I'm very sentimental, even for a girl. I have things from nearly a decade ago, and I do hate to see them go - but it's part of walking into the future. One cannot forget the past, with all its triumphs and mistakes, but neither can one forever dwell there. Despite my dislike of change, I do want to walk forward into the future, whatever it may hold for me. I have a Blessed Assurance, but there is still a path to walk, and I quite obviously can't see where it leads.

I have dreams and hopes, and I can only "hope" that the future includes these. I want to be an author, so I'll go into some kind of English, and possibly get a teaching degree, but...I have hopes of marriage in the relatively near future. I don't obsess over it, as that is not a wholesome thing, but I don't completely ignore it either.

However, I won't go on about that - it's best to be kept to myself, lest it goes out of control. Unfortunately, that happens all too easily, but...again, I won't dwell on it.

For the next eighteen weeks, though...homework ahoy!

~Fumble

No comments: