Monday, February 18, 2013

Five Foods for Thought

Jealous?  Me?  Never.  What would I be jealous of?

Nothing whatever!  In Queen of Hearts fashion!

At any rate, here's the big five.

1) I greatly enjoy Sweet'n'Sour Chicken, courtesy of Rose Garden.  If you've never been to their place, you're missing out on some of the very best Chinese food ever, especially since this is at a low price and great quality.  Visit 'em, peeps!

2) My mom's homemade Chicken Adobo, with a bunch of extra garlic.  I could eat the garlic out of it an that alone, as it tastes that savory.  Also, who wouldn't like a dish that's so salty it doesn't go bad when you leave it out? =D (I promise that is one of a desolately small number of smileys/emoticons you will see on my blog.  My blag.  Whatever you'd prefer to call it.  Writing shouldn't need them to express emotion, hence my lack of using them.  However, with food, it's hard to express quite how much I like it.  Eh, I'll work on it.)

3) Coffeecake.  'Nuff said.  It doesn't really matter what kind, it's good.

4) Also, scones.  Any kind is tasty, any kind is delectable and acceptable to me.

5) Dang, it's hard to keep it to only five.  I have so many favorite foods.  Considering everything I could put in here, though...I'd say I would have to go with a good chocolate-dipped Dairy Queen's ice cream cone.  Delish!

And there we have five foods.  Though, there's so much variety out there, I'm sure I have favorite foods I haven't even discovered yet.  At any rate, I will call these my favorite foods for today and leave it at that.

As for jealousy...it's a rotten thing to deal with.  If only I could put it to death with a solid rubber mallet, but of course not; that would be too easy.  Oh, Lord, save me from letting myself be controlled by feelings.  They're not words, they're not all we have to go on, and there is a better way.  If only I could discover it, eh?  And, honestly, there's no need to be jealous.  Why should I be jealous of someone else's happiness?  I'd rather be jealous for their happiness, to guard it, to keep it and treasure it as the precious thing it is.  That way, it'd be a constructive outlet for jealous, don't you think?

It's alright for now, though.  God knows that I'm still a me in the works, and thank Him that I'm not God - I probably would have struck me dead by now out of pure frustration.

And that's all for now, folks.

Cheerio, toodles, give us a squatch, and good night to all!

~Fumble

No comments: