Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Six Places

Oh, I'm getting better at this all the time; it's only been two or three months since my last post.  And I'll even finish this!

Motivation is a hard thing to live without, and I'm learning it again and again.  How many times will it take, living on the edge, making last-minute deadlines?  Well, perhaps it's not quite that bad, but procrastination is not a good thing to have to deal with.  If only I weren't somehow so in love with the rush of adrenaline that doing something the night before gives...well, I shall work on it.

Anyhow...six places!

1) Japan.  For a year.  I want to see all the seasons, experience everything I can, then have a good homecoming.  It's even looking possible, too, once I finish my 4-year degree.  I can get a job teaching English, and the rest would follow.  The main thing would be for me to get the money to fly there.  It's kind of scary when something that's just been a hazy dream begins to be able to be realized.

2) South America.  All over; all the beautiful places, the rainforest, everything.  I want to see it, firstly because it's beautiful, secondly because I want to see more of the things that God has created, and thirdly, I'd kind of like to get to know the people better.

3) Europe.  Particularly Britain, France and Spain, and Germany, Austria, and Switzerland.  They're all beautiful places, and I would travel them all, having a grand adventure and learning while I went.

4) Believe it or not...Russia.  They've got some lovely stuff, even if it is a bit chilly at times.

5) Israel.  Holy land.  'Nuff said.

6) Besides everywhere else, you mean?  Canada.  Specifically Prince Edward Island.  In the fall.  Heck, probably another year so I can see all the seasons, and get just the right amount of homesick and be grateful for my own home.

I'd like to travel many, many places.  God only knows if I'll get to see them or not, but I can dream, can't I?

If not in this life, then for sure in the New Heaven and Earth.

~Fumble

No comments: