Friday, April 1, 2011

One Thought

A friend and I were discussing heaven...and I came upon the thought that someday, I'll be able to see all the people I've never met; my older sister who was a miscarriage, in particular. I'll be able to meet her and say, "I've been waiting my entire life to meet you." I hope I'm someone she can be proud of. I can't help wondering how different my life would be if she had been born, but I'll never know until I meet her, will I?

I wonder if I would be a different person today. How many people would I have never met, and how many would I have met that I don't know now? Would I even want to know? I'm not really sure yet...but I know if I would have had the chance, I would have liked to meet you, Naomi.

I want to mark this as a turning point in my blog. I want this to be a journal of my deepest thoughts that I never get to share with anyone. Maybe I'll address them to people, but who knows. It won't be silliness and games, though. I'm in a rather serious, autumn time of life...so expect a lot of moody skies and melancholy.

~Overcast

No comments: