Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sorrow Ain't so Sweet

How do you part with someone you have come to like, though you don't know them intimately? How can you say goodbye to someone who has come to mean something to you, when the feeling is not mutual? How can you let them know that you will miss them, think of them, and hope to see them again, when they aren't interested?

I don't want to part, but we must, and I am grasping at straws of a feeling I don't entirely understand. If I let you go, I am sure to never see you again, but I don't know how to let go while making you understand how I feel. I don't know how to say that I enjoyed every moment, that I wish it could continue, that...

I know I'll eventually move on, that this won't hold me down for long, but...it is something my heart doesn't understand. I know in my head, but my heart has yet to comprehend this thing.

Inside every person are two people; a 5-year-old child and an adult. The heart and the mind. One tends to dominate the other, and force it to do things. However different they are, though, they must depend on each other...

~Overcast

No comments: