Saturday, October 20, 2012

Nine Loves

So, here we are, day two.  I think I shall try to keep these posts day-to-day, and if anything else that might prove to be interesting comes up, I will simply post again.  I'm sure no one would mind.

Anyhow...nine loves, is it?  Though I'm quite sure I have many, many more.


1) Music, many kinds.  Classical will always hold a very special place in my heart; it is ageless, compared to so many other genre.  After that, I can't truly use other genre, as the music I love is undefinable with genre.  It seems crude to try and define the precious gift of music given us by trying to define and categorize it away.


2) Autumn.  My favorite season of all, I think.  I mean, I love all the seasons, but autumn has something above the others.  Some melancholy triumph over that of winter, spring, or summer.  If you want a glimpse into my heart, look at, think upon, and walk around in Autumn.  The victory before a time of death, until it can rise again.


3) My family.  I am very blessed when it comes to family.  I have never wanted any other than what I have, and I certainly hope they've never wanted any other than me.  I dearly love them all.  See, this is that sentimental streak that is so entwined into my being.  You shall have to get used to it, for it comes out in the oddest places.


4) Singing.  I am no diva, nor am I an amazing talent, but I love to sing, whether it be praises to God or for fun.  To me, even if I am not directly praising God with my voice, I feel as if I can praise Him by using what He's given me, and not wasting it, as some do.  In singing, I have a freedom that I seldom have elsewhere.  There is something powerful in having a strong voice, and I mean to sing out.


5) The Bible.  It has become such a staple in my life; I scarce know how to live without the voracious consumption of it.  It is all that is right, just, and true.  From the Truth comes truth; what better way to pursue truth in my own life?  By His Word I am saved again and again from the depths of my soul's despair.  It gives me a hope I could not abide apart from; it is His greatest gift to me, I feel.  It should be a tragic waste indeed if I were not to utilize it to its fullest potential.  Though, I'm sure I'm not there quite yet.  I can always strive, though.


6) In line with my last love, God, the Holy Spirit, and Jesus.  One and the same, and yet separate.  God I love, as He is my Father.  In fact, the only true, good Father who loves His children unconditionally.  The Holy Spirit, because it abides within me; an ever-present reminder of my decision to follow Jesus.  And yes, Jesus, the bridegroom, my brother, my intimate friend.  I will never be the same since meeting these three.  And, to tell the truth, I never want to be the same again.


7) I shan't bestow my love upon any one person, for I love so many.  Let me simply say that, as of yet, I have not given my heart in that way to anyone; it is safe, for the moment.  May it stay that way for a time.  I love many parts of many people, but I know myself too well to subject myself to believing that I have some fluttery "love" feeling for anyone.  After all, love isn't so much a feeling as a doing; a servant hood.  It is an action, what you do with the feeling, that determines whether or not it is love.  Love is not selfish - and I cling to that.  For, so far as I know, I have never beheld anyone in such a a way as to believe I was in love, and yet be unselfish about the entire thing.  I shall be patient; I am in no great hurry.  There is time enough for love, in time.


8) I love the arts, including singing and music, as well as art and writing.  I could not live without these; they are rather close to my heart.  I am by no means brilliant at any of them, but I shall endeavor all my life to improve what art and talent I may have.


9) Ah, the last love.  I find that I'm running out of things that I truly love, but this at least I can be sure in.  I love all my friends.  Hopefully, you know who you are, and can be blessed.  Perhaps I am too tender, I love too easily, but it is no great fault after knowing many wonderful people, is it?  My heart is big; it has room for many.


I am blessed in an abundance of love, for many people, places, things.  You can probably see this, but I hope it can be an encouragement to you.

After all, love grows.


~Fumble

No comments: