Monday, May 16, 2011

Fumblebee Living in Overcast

I've decided the world needs more chickadees. They're so cheerful, whether they're in the midst of a bitterly cold winter or not. Chickadees and bumblebees...these brighten my day. At least, they do when there is a layer of glass, no matter how thin, between me and the latter. The former is fine with or without.

I've decided to be a tad more cheerful...not to mention that I'm feeling happier. Feelings are not facts, and I do know that oh so well, but...they do hold some purchase on my everyday life. So, I will remain Overcast, but an cheerful, not-so-dark overcast, with a tad of hope involved, as long as the chickadees and bumblebees stick with me. Therefore, I'll become a Fumblebee Living in Overcast.

Why Overcast, you ask? Well, Overcast can be a variety of moods. And really, to me, an overcast day doesn't have to be sad. In fact, I love overcast days, with their moody skies...Overcast is good, because it makes one appreciate the sun.

And, as beautiful as sunny, clear-sky days are, it's the overcast days that understand how you feel.

~Fumblebee Living in Overcast

No comments: